On June 18th, 2012, Governor Beverly Perdue issued a proclamation marking the 200th anniversary of the start of the War of 1812. North Carolina’s role in the war was varied — Guilford County native Dolley Paine Madison was First Lady and scores of men served on the land and sea.
- War of 1812 and the Backcountry symposium: Dr. Gary Freeze and Salisbury’s local connection
- War of 1812 in the Backcountry symposium – Howard Kittell of the Hermitage
- Video of Don Hickey, nationally recognized as a leading scholar of the War of 1812
- Successful Salisbury Symposium on the War of 1812 in the Backcountry
- North Carolina Humanities Council awards a grant for upcoming symposium!