Kendrick Simpson, Military Records Archivist at the North Carolina State Archives, has just completed an informational essay about the records in the Archives related to the service of North Carolinians in the War of 1812. This helpful information contains descriptions of indexed records in the Archives (muster rolls, account books, ray & receipt rolls, and pay vouchers) as well as information on other record groups that may help those researching North Carolina’s role in the war. For more information, you can download the circular here.
- War of 1812 and the Backcountry symposium: Dr. Gary Freeze and Salisbury’s local connection
- War of 1812 in the Backcountry symposium – Howard Kittell of the Hermitage
- Video of Don Hickey, nationally recognized as a leading scholar of the War of 1812
- Successful Salisbury Symposium on the War of 1812 in the Backcountry
- North Carolina Humanities Council awards a grant for upcoming symposium!